About The Role
As the Compass ELC Site Lead at Queen Elizabeth School Age Program you will work as a Registered Early Childhood Educator alongside some of the most passionate, caring and dedicated educators in the industry. You will spend your time engaging, connecting and learning alongside children, families, and co-educators, as well as ensuring licensing standards are met and Compass ELC values are evident in all aspects of the program. You will model and grow an equity perspective and strive for a deeper understanding of cultural awareness.
As a Site Lead for our school-age programs, for 25 hours a week, you must be available for both before school from 7-9 a.m. and after school from 3-6 p.m. Monday to Friday. You will also be expected to work an additional 10 hours a week in our administration office for administrative tasks, documentation, and pedagogy.
There is the possibility of continued full-time hours over school holidays including March break, summer, and P.D. days.
Some accountabilities associated with the role
- Working as part of a team with fellow Early Childhood Educators, Families, and Children
- Ensuring the safety of staff and children
- Being able to build and create relationships within the school community, parents, and other community partners
- Being willing and confident to engage in difficult conversations with educators, families, children, and community partners
- Having daily administrative and pedagogical time
- Acting as a link for other program staff, connecting them to our HR, Finance, Pedagogy, and Operations teams
- Provide nutritious snacks based on a menu created in line with the latest nutritional guidelines
- Responsible for billing, accounts receivables, enrolments, managing child care waitlist
- Ensuring that the program is meeting the requirements set out by licensing as per the Child Care and Early Years Act, and in line with How Does Learning Happen, Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- Planning and implementing play-based experiences following observations made children’s interests
- Observing and documenting the daily engagements of children with their environment, materials, and each other
- Mentoring and supporting co-educators
- Welcoming and training new staff into your program, including supply staff
You are passionate about early learning and care, emergent curriculum and life-long learning. You are energetic, resourceful, flexible and creative in your pursuit of creating learning opportunities, building connections and engaging with children and families. You have a natural disposition towards administration and organizations, are comfortable with technology and possess a clear understanding of CCEYA (Child Care Early Years Act), related legislation, Compass ELC policies and procedures, distributed leadership, supporting a culture of a safe and joyful workplace, and are available to work in a split shift position. You are registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and possess the training and documents required by the Ministry of Education to work in a child care setting.
Required Documents Include:
- Standard First Aid/ CPR Level C
- Up to date Vulnerable Sector Check
- Up to date Immunizations/Refusal of Affidavit
- Registration within the College of Early Childhood Educators
Please send your resume and cover letter.
In keeping with Compass Early Learning & Care’s commitment to providing service in a manner that is accessible to all, reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants upon request. Please contact Human Resources 705-749-3488 ext. 217
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $21.90 to $25.70 /hour
- early childhood educator: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Peterborough, ON (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Educator (Required)