The Production Labourer will report to the Production Manager and Supervisors, and is responsible for carrying out various jobs on the production line and supporting all production activities within the TCF processing facility. This position is Monday-Friday 6:00 am- 2:30 pm.
As a Production Labourer at Tillsonburg Custom Foods, the employee is responsible for but not limited to the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Supply the production line with raw product of various sizes and weights;
- Assembling and taping boxes of product;
- Lift and place 40 lbs. boxes of product on a skid and preparing it for shipment;
- Weigh individual products to confirm sizes, weigh boxes to ensure quality standards are met for each specific customers needs, and assemble boxes to containing finished product;
- Label finished product boxes;
- Clean and sanitize production areas between product switch overs and at the end of the shift;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Characteristics
- Previous experience in Food Processing or Production preferred but not required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Capacity to multi-task and adapt to fluctuating work requirements.
- Must be comfortable and capable of working in a moderate to cold environment;
- Must be able to work afternoons, and/or late evenings;
- Must be comfortable working in a moderate to cold working environment;
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Tillsonburg Custom Foods will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require a disability-related accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Department. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact the HR Department at 519-688-9670 ext. 112.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- general labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Processing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Tillsonburg, ON (Preferred)