The Runner’s primary responsibility is to assist the office and project teams in the delivery of materials, tools and/or equipment, depending on project requirements. Assistance includes maintaining communication with the project team including but not limited to the Project Manager, Construction Manager, Superintendents and Health & Safety Coordinators. The Runner must also maintain regular communication with the Shop, including the Shop Manager and Shop Supervisor.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Pick up and deliver construction materials and tools from head office Shop Department and deliver/unload at specified job sites.
- Coordinate with our head office Shop Department on the locations of moved equipment and materials.
- Plan route to ensure most efficient use of time and equipment if possible.
- Safely load materials into vehicles and properly utilize strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Carefully examine incoming shipments and reject/report any damaged items or discrepancies.
- Maintain a safety mindset at all times, especially (but not limited to) while driving, handling material and ensure job sites are evaluated.
- Maintain a professional and ethical attitude at all times with our clients, vendors and staff.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- construction industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class G Driver's License (Preferred)