The role of the Web Content Specialist is to administer digital media including emails, banners and online partnerships in addition to maintaining content and functionality on all Web sites. This role will ensure the presentation, integrity and accuracy of all vacation and marketing content on all Lontours Web sites. This role also supports Marketing in increasing visibility and market share of the Globus family of brands through all online programs, including: travel agent marketing, sales team support, and customer retention. This position will work closely with various positions throughout the organization.
The Web Content Specialist is responsible for the following results:
- Loading and reviewing promotional product and marketing information for all Web sites for each product and marketing launch, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- QA of product/pricing updates and changes after launch deployments.
- Administering changes quickly and efficiently on all four brand, travel agent and microsite websites
- Provide ongoing quality checks of all Web sites, with respect to branding, product changes and grammar.
- Creating graphical and textual content elements for all Web sites by utilizing internal and external sources.
- Creating and managing e-Brochures for consumer and agent channels
- Coordinating, scheduling and implementing email marketing for consumer audiences with weekly, monthly and ad-hoc communications
- Support sales channels (BDM’s) with online tools, resources, e-materials and training needed to improve their ability to sell our products online.
- Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results or projects as requested by management
The preferred candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related marketing or communications field, combined with formal training on web applications and one to three years experience in a related field.
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
- Working in a web environment
- Working knowledge of web design and user experience principals
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of Bootstrap
- Knowledge of HTML5 banners
- Proofing of web and e-blast content
- Working with content management systems
- Image editing and creation, including Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat software applications
- Microsoft Office Products
- Understanding of marketing principals
- Working in a professional team environment
- Working with Web developers and programmers in an IT department
- Knowledge of leisure travel industry
Job Type: Full-time
- CMS: 1 year (Preferred)