The Champlain Local Health Integration Network’s (LHIN) mandate is to ensure health services are well-organized, appropriately funded, and meet the health needs of the 1.3 million residents who call this region home.
We work with and fund roughly 120 health service providers that offer about 240 health programs in hospitals, community support services, mental health and addiction services, community health centres, and long-term care homes. The Champlain LHIN also delivers home and community care services.
The System Support Technician plays a key role in clinical information systems, (Client Health Record Information System (CHRIS), AcuteNet, Health Partner Gateway (HPG), DocuShare, SharePoint Portals, electronic forms, etc.) service operations and other applications (Datix, Policy & Procedure manager, Quadrant, etc.) including Incident Management, Service Request Fulfillment, and Access Management.
They provide excellent customer service and support to all Champlain LHIN employees and external partner employees, ensuring one-call resolution where possible. Incident management functions include being the single point of contact of support to track and resolve application issues, maintaining data integrity within the applications through corrective and preventive measures, and identifying underlying hardware issues
Education and Experience:
- Primary point of contact for support and conducts incident management by responding to requests to solve application, software and hardware issues, by both internal staff and external stakeholders such as community support agencies, service providers, etc; using judgement to escalate applicable requests to Ontario Health as required
- Performs desktop software installation and set-up of applications, grants access, activates/inactivates user accounts and password resets for internal employees and external stakeholders
- Provides, as needed, training on applications for internal employees and external stakeholders
- Maintains Client Information System (CIS) data by upholding vendor catalogues and purchased services contracts for client information systems
- Monitors submissions and retrieves RAs (reconciliation files) from HPG
- Maintains, monitors and executes ad hoc reports and system-automated reports as required
- Performs data cleanup projects and system configurations as required
- Completion of a College diploma in Computer Science (2 year program)
- Two years (at minimum) of recent related experience in a computer database environment
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relational database management system
- Knowledge of home and community care operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills ensuring ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrates respect, discretion and sound judgment with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative, innovative and resourceful
- Analytical skills necessary to perform trouble shooting and problem solving role
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with excellent prioritization skills and ability to work within deadlines
- Works well independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle continuous change effectively
CUPE – Wages are in accordance with the collective agreement between Champlain LHIN and CUPE and start at $25.64/hr.
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Please note that selection will be in accordance with Article 11.02 of the Collective Agreement (Criteria for Selection).
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Champlain LHIN welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process.