As Software Engineer/Developer, you will work on one of the world's largest social media platform which deals with a few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. You will contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for many technical challenges using cutting edge technologies, including building/enhancing data processing platform enabling work of software used by hundreds of millions of users.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems.
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data products
- Design, implement and maintain pipelines that produce business critical data reliably and efficiently using cloud technology
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raise red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
- Responsible for resolving crisis situations within his/her AOR.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions, and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
- Constantly improves his/her professional level.
- Collaborates with other teams.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
- Over 5+ years of experience and proficiency in Java and C++ programming languages
- Extensive development experience with distributed storage systems such as HBase, Apache Druid, and Apache Cassandra.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant industry experience in software development, with a focus on distributed storage systems.
- Strong OOPs skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new programming languages as required by project demands.
- Strong track record as an independent contributor, capable of taking ownership of projects and driving them to successful completion.
- Effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
Would be a plus: