Project Scheduler/Planner – Snow Lake, MB
Exciting career opportunities. Bold lifestyle adventures. A culture of collaboration. Interested? Let’s talk.
Who we are:
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is a vertically integrated mining company that operates mines, concentrators and metal production facilities. Our vision is of a growing, well managed and consistently profitable company that provides value to our shareholders. Exploration success and continuous improvement in safety, health, environment and operating performance drive the company’s value. Our employees at every level of the company demonstrate ethics and integrity, take on accountability and achieve success. Strategic planning is core strength with plan execution enhanced by high levels of understanding and collaboration. Our company strives to build mutual trust and respect with all of our stakeholder groups.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Scheduler/Planner to join our team in the vibrant community of Snow Lake, MB. This position can be either a fly-in-fly-out opportunity, 2 weeks in/2 weeks out or Monday-Friday depending on the candidate’s location.
- Under the direct supervision of Project Controls Lead, develop and maintain engineering & construction base line schedules using Primavera P6 in support of multiple Snow Lake Projects.
- Review Contractor's submitted Baseline and cost loaded updated schedules to verify compliance with project specifications
- Analyze submitted look ahead schedules relative to baseline for deviations from critical path
- Analyze schedule to ensure contractors meeting milestones
- Have a thorough understanding of mine development and construction means and methods
- Prepare and Update monthly/weekly progress reports.
- Actively able to work independently with project managers and contractors to maintain schedule integrity and accuracy.
- The Project Scheduler will be required to conduct field visits to accurately report project progress.
- Other duties as required.
- KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WITH PRIMAVERA P6 SOFTWARE IS A MUST
- Substantial mining experience and / or engineering background
- Working knowledge of personal computing and spreadsheet software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in resource loaded schedules.
- Experience working in a planning and scheduling position for engineering, procurement and construction projects is required.
- Familiar with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting, and ability to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic.
- Capable of producing from limited project information a conceptual schedule from initiation through to closeout; able to identify major phases through that timeline and able to determine and discuss dependencies.
- Must have experience working closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising independence.
Hudbay is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all designated group members.
Job Type: Full-time
- Primavera P6 Software: 1 year (Required)