For over 50 years, TerraCorp. Management has been providing quality apartments across Southwestern Ontario. Quality, value, and commitment are present in all of TerraCorp.'s suites. Our apartments are "home" to our residents, offering modern comforts, renovated interiors and exteriors, and building and community amenities in various communities.
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a student who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you?
We are looking for a Summer Studentto provide a full range of maintenance and window cleaning in our luxury rental community.
Our Summer Students performs routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of The Barrel Yards community. Mayor part of the job includes windows and balcony cleaning for all our units, providing excellent customer service to prospective and current guests and residents at all times, and may be responsible for opening and closing of the pool area.
- Perform windows and balcony cleaning in all our units.
- Complete routine maintenance and minor repairs to the pool area, facilities, and common areas as needed.
- Complete checklists of the physical condition of the pool and exterior site prior to the start and end of the day.
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs, and hedges, cut and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Ensure community is presentable and inviting at all times, and that it adheres to Barrel Yards curb appeal standards.
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and walkways on a daily basis. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Ensure pool deck area, lounge chairs and bbq area, walkways and exterior common areas and site parking garage are kept clean at all times.
- Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
- Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, and report repairs required for action to direct supervisor.
- Ensure all community streets and public access routes are free of hazards.
- Maintain site pool, test chemical levels, and adjust appropriately.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Education (some HS education required)
- Previous experience in window cleaning, as well as in an outdoor environment landscaping and pool maintenance preferred
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet
- Available end of May thru September on a full-time basis with weekend work required.
- Compensation to be negotiated based on experience and willingness to learn n a Team Environment
We are strongly committed to employment equity and we support diversity. If you require accommodation during the application process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Labour: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waterloo, ON (Preferred)