We are hiring casual Tenant Support Workers – New Westminster
Want to make a difference in the lives of others?
Lookout Housing and Health Society is a non-profit organization that provides caring, non-judgmental, non-sectarian services to adults facing homelessness. We go beyond traditional solutions to homelessness by fostering growth and change, providing innovative services and building collaborative partnerships.
The TSW provides support, assistance, and basic skill training to high risk adults, in order to establish and maintain as independent and stable living situation as possible within the community. TSWs will perform duties such as developing individual tenant plans, developing and coordinating motivational programs and working with the tenant to develop a flexible plan of action which will address such issues and needs as: housing, health, treatment and finances. The TSW participates in tenant selection and related duties such as financial management documentation.
You’ll be a good fit at Lookout if you:
· are client-centered and non-judgemental
· are compassionate and respectful
· have strong communication and teamwork skills
· demonstrate flexibility and ability to problem solve
· Minimum Grade 12 or Related Certificate/Diploma preferred
· Minimum 2-3 years of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate required
· Minimum 2 years sobriety is required
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training an asset
· Harm Reduction/ Naloxone Training an asset
Since we provide service 24/7, we need dedicated people with flexible schedules. Most of our employees start on a casual basis, gaining skills and experience while working towards regular full-time and part-time positions.
Starting wage is $26.42 per hour, as per BCGEU Collective Agreement, plus 9.6% in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays for casuals.
Lookout serves a diverse community so we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and cultures to apply. Successful applicants will be required to complete a vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check prior to commencement of employment.
For more information www.lookoutsociety.ca
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. ONLY THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $26.42 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Support Care: 2 years (preferred)
- First aid or CPR-C (required)