We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You are a leader in the field of analytics and data visualization. You will be supporting the Personal and Business Banking lines of business and enabling business leaders to make well informed decisions through completion of ad-hoc analyses, development of business cases and financial models, strategic problem solving, and the production of on-going reporting. They will also implement and track the progress of business development plans against targets for benefits realization. The incumbent will also be expected to develop and communicate actionable and timely insights, which will draw upon a wide variety of client, product, sales, and channel data.
The incumbent will need to apply financial, product and project management disciplines. They will also need to demonstrate advanced analytical, communication and critical thinking skills as well as thought leadership around key issues.
In your application, please attach a sample of your work with data visualization and how it solves a business problem.
How You’ll Succeed
- Develop actionable insights: Monitor sales performance/activities and propose recommendations on appropriate action plans to close gaps to targets. Design and implement reports suitable for an executive audience
- Strategy – Help frame the problem to be addressed, identify and execute required analysis, and synthesize key findings to help the teams reach decisions
- Ad Hoc Analyses – Develop ad hoc analyses to address key business issues as they arise. Complete complex client and product analyses utilizing a variety of structured and unstructured data sources. Develop and share insights with a wide variety of audiences.
- Data Visualization – Lead the design and strategy on data visualization for new and existing dashboards
- Project Support: Work with business partners to support key initiatives and projects
- Work with Partners : You will develop change management strategies and maintain open, collaborative lines of communication to ensure awareness of requirements and impacts. You will gather critical information on the various management techniques/client issues/concerns, strategic priorities, business challenges and specific project requirements to support the development of a winning value proposition
- Business Intelligence & Reporting - Play an integral role in contributing to the development of business intelligence, an integrated view/plan for data & analytics, measurements, and controls that will be used in reporting identified metrics at multiple levels within CIBC. Help define business and process requirements and manage deliverables against business partner expectations and time sensitive deadlines. Develop, improve and maintain ongoing reporting related to key client, business sales initiatives, campaigns, product and channel trends
Who You Are
- Technical Skills. You demonstrate strong understanding on the data warehouse design with and experience in managing and creating database model that supports and accelerate analytic end user. You have advanced proficiency with SQL/SAS, Java/Python/R, Alteryx and Tableau. You have the ability to perform complex data integration and transformation
- You are a problem solver. You have exceptional critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to independently identify and analyze business and technical problems and recommend solutions
- Storytelling: You give meaning to data. You have the ability to communicate complex data and findings through well-crafted presentation slides for an executive audience
- Analytical. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. Leveraging advanced analytics techniques, measure the effectiveness of sales campaigns and recommend actions to drive better client experience and business results.
- Detail Oriented . You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- A Leader: You can lead, develop and inspire people.
- You put our clients and partners first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What You Need to Know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Expected End Date
Toronto-CC East 5th Floor