Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for assisting in programming, debugging, installation and startup of new or modified production and test equipment from the perspective of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls installation. As well as for the sustenance of equipment documentation systems from the perspective of obtaining and updating technical reference manuals, instructions and electrical schematics required to service this equipment long term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support during design, build and commissioning of newly built automation equipment (assembly lines, robotic cells – material handling, test equipment and similar)
- Electrical design – components selection, prepare schematics
- Robot Cell Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Assisting in the robot cells including vision and force monitoring (ABB)
- Modification of existing production equipment
- Setting up controls networks (Ethernet/IP, Ethercat …)
- Modifications of existing and development of new Labview based programs
- Working with Mechanical Designers, attending design reviews and supporting mechanical design from controls side
- Continuous improvements – improving existing methods, systems and looking for better ways of approaching a problem
- Prepare technical documentation, user and maintenance manuals, setup procedures etc.
- Employee safety and welfare, and business economic success
- Work as a team member in order to complete the implementation of new or modified production machines in conjunction with new manufacturing projects
- Must be capable of specifying and sourcing materials and equipment to best suit requirements
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications, Education And / or Experience:
- A technical diploma or degree in engineering technology and relevant industrial experience
- 3-5 yrs experience in an automation environment
- Hands on technical skills with respect to Electrical Design, Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic Systems.
- Knowledge of Labview based systems and ability to program them is definite asset
- Understanding of the SQL database and related software
- Understanding of automotive systems and quality requirements based on IATF 16949/ISO9001 operating systems
- Excellent communications, negotiating, conflict management, and problem solving skills
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization
Pilkington offers competitive compensation, extended health & dental benefits and Company sponsored pension plan.
Thank you for your interest in Pilkington Glass of Canada Ltd. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Pilkington Glass of Canada Ltd./NSG Group is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code and any similar Provincial legislative requirements throughout Canada. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- automation technician: 2 years (Preferred)