RBC is a digitally-enabled relationship bank. We strive to engage our customers when, how and where it’s most convenient and to provide a highly-personalized experience. We also collaborate broadly with innovative business and technology partners to create a platform and ecosystem that can bring even more value to our customers. We care deeply about the success of our customers and communities.
We’re looking for an experienced solution architect who is passionate about our mission to join the RBC Digital team. We want vocal futurists that can advocate their vision, who will be excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team with customer focus and will tirelessly strive for the best end-user experience and will have the drive and desire to keep learning the latest architecture developments and standards / techniques.
The primary focus of this position is to providing technology leadership and architectural guidance, technology recommendations, reusable solutions and transition strategies as it relates to ML/AI architecture . This work will support development and implementation of information-intensive initiatives based on common practices for multiple complex projects within the transportation vertical..
The incumbent will help with the overall strategy as well as tactical initiatives with the client. This is an important initiative for the client and this role will play a visible role helping to define the overall data analytics roadmap and future growth.
What will you do?
- Provide architectural strategic thinking, information solutions, and roadmaps to drive architectural recommendations.
- Maintain a plan to address significant architecture gaps between current and target state.
- Provide systems and data architecture services to project teams
- Lead 'reuse, buy and build' decisions.
- Ensure architectural compliance of solutions and introduce recommendations for changes to reference models when needed.
- Collaborate with business leaders to determine how to best use technology to enable growth and success (e.g. operational reporting and advanced analytics).
- Participate in defining and driving architecture competencies, processes, and best practices
- Understand potential impacts of proposed solutions on other systems, processes or projects.
- Articulate and document designs, considering trade-offs, costs, and benefits.
- Develop ongoing knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Identify new and emerging solutions, assess relevance and potential value to the organization, and present findings to teammates and management.
- Participate in day-to-day execution of the architecture strategy
- Develop blueprints and conduct design reviews to ensure architectural compliance of solutions.
- Work across multiple projects and systems to develop, communicate, and mentor others on information design/implementation standards, guidelines and best practices
What do you need to succeed?
Experience in enterprise or Cloud Architecture, data design and modeling· Strong technical skills in application development (data manufacturing, data warehouse, data marts, information delivery)
Strong technical skills in machine learning technologies and domain
Working knowledge of emerging business intelligence and analytic capabilities (e.g. Big Data, in memory analytics, etc.)
Other qualifications include experiences in:
Python, R, Java, Node
API design & security
Nice to have:
Experience working as a senior solution architect in a bank or other financial institution
Business or product leadership experience
Experience supporting mission-critical applications in production.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
A world-class training program in financial services
Flexible work/life balance options
Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs