Permanent Part Time
Standard Work Hours:
December 31, 2020
The Protection Agent is responsible and accountable for the safety and security for all members of the hospital community which includes staff, patients and visitors. The Protection Agent is responsible for the safeguarding all building occupants as wel l as all hospital property.
- High School Diploma required.
- Community College Law Enforcement and Security Diploma preferred.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates must be provided.
- Must have a current Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services Secur ity Guard license (Security Guard or Dual type).
***Applications will not be considered without proof of license. Please submit a picture or a scan of the license as an "Other" document when applying.***
- Previous security experience, preferably in a health care environment.
- Excellent conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Criminal C ode of Canada, Trespass to Property Act and Powers of Arrest.
- Previous experience with CCTV and DVR systems is an asset.
- Ability to walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends and must be willing to provide shift availability (3 days per week).
- Good work and attendance record required.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with mentally ill patients.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the le gislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and proced ures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.