York Rail is a fast-growing railroad construction and maintenance company with operations across all Canadian provinces. Head office located in Burlington, Ontario, York Rail is seeking administration support in Montreal, Quebec.
With its high-tech setup, York Rail employees work from home most of the time, saving frustrating commutes and costs. Meetings once a month are compulsory and travelling across Canada to see different York Rail crews is also a possibility.
Office administrator for payroll system.
This position is on contract term, however, if performances are satisfactory, it may become a permanent position with York Rail.
- Payroll - creation - verification and coordinate with operations.
- Support for maintaining proper documentation of financial policies and procedures
- Support for preparation of government remittances
- Entering employee receipts and managing credit cards
- Communicating with employees
- Support travel planning needs.
- Support in reconciliation of Monthly credit cards and accounts
- Coordinate between administration and operations
- General word processing (Word)
- Entering expenses into systems
- General office work
- Bachelors degree
- Comfortable with accounting terms
- Comfortable with HR terms
- Native proficiency for ENGLISH, French is an asset
- PDF acrobat, nuance etc.
- MS OFFICE suite
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office, PDF, Nuance, Google
- Effective time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Verbal communication skills. Teamwork, Tactfulness and courtesy
- Attention to details, excellent data review and processing skills
- Must have unlimited high speed internet connection at residence
- Cell phone with data will be supplied
- Laptop and secondary monitor will be supplied
- Office supplies
Montreal QC, - work from residence
starting wages of 20$/hour but can be higher depending on qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Bookkeeping or financial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)