Our client is a major automation company and is looking to bring on an Intermediate/Senior Technician to join their talented team.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) REQUIREMENTS:
- Debug and commission control multiple systems at our facility in a repetitive build environment, during the system integration stage and then at the customer’s site during installation (if installation is in project scope).
- Travel as required to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning and training duties.
- Test and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems and lasers.
- Use sound troubleshooting skills during integration to root cause and resolve problems during integration.
- Work with other members of the control systems design department and other groups to continuously improve methods of integrating controls technology, with the goals being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality and reduced cost.
- Work with other members of the control systems design department and other groups to ensure that labor and material budgets as well as scheduled delivery dates are adhered to or improved upon.
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete, functional automation system.
- Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify software program completeness.
- Provide accurate documentation for each project.
- Develop work instructions to assist in the integration of future equipment when beneficial.
- Advise customer on solving technical problems.
- Provide customer with training specific to their current project as required (i.e. machine operation and setup).
- These responsibilities are subject to change as a function of the individual’s abilities.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the client's Code of Business Conduct.
- Work in compliance with divisional health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through lockout-tagout methods.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
- Report defect in any equipment or protective device.
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned tasks.
- Attend all required health, safety and environmental training.
- Report any accidents/incidents to supervisor.
- Assist in investigating accidents/incidents.
- Refrain from engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Due to arc flash and shock hazards, voltage-rated gloves and 100% cotton, long-sleeve shirts must be worn at all times when working on live panels.
- Employees must comply at all times with the specific PPE requirements identified on the ARC Flash and Shock Hazard Warning Labels (see below for your information.) These will be posted at Switchgear locations, breaker panels, bus ducts and equipment related power drops.
- Please refer to the Workplace Electrical Safety Program for specific details.
1) 2-4 years experience troubleshooting automated control systems, specifically utilizing Allen-Bradley PLCs
2) Experience with Fanuc Robots would be an asset.
3) Post-secondary engineering diploma or equivalent, specializing in mechanical, electrical, systems or computer engineering.
Experience with other PLCs/Robots would also be considered an asset
Laser experience would be considered an asset.
Experience with plastics or the medical industry would be also considered an asset
Intermediate Level, Senior Level
hmi, rockwell, Engineering, Troubleshooting, Installation, Automation, Allen-bradley, Implementation, Install
À propos d'Actalent:
Actalent relie la passion à la mission. Nos solutions de candidats talentueux et la performance de nos services produisent la valeur et les résultats, tout en apportant la compétence qui permet à nos clients de réaliser plus. Nos experts situés dans le monde entier inspirent au quotidien. Nous soutenons les initiatives essentielles en ingénierie et en sciences, par les expériences qui favorisent un développement continu. La différence, c’est nos gens. Actalent est une société d’exploitation d’Allegis Group, leader mondial des solutions de candidats talentueux.
L’entreprise souscrit au principe d’égalité d’accès à l’emploi et prendra en compte toutes les candidatures sans distinction de race, sexe, âge, couleur, religion, nationalité, statut de vétéran, handicap, orientation sexuelle, identité sexuelle, information génétique ou toute autre distinction protégée par la loi.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.