FIREHOUSE SUBS is not your ordinary sub shop.
* Consistently ranked one of the top LSR/Sandwich Chain Restaurants in growth in Restaurant Business Magazine, and continual top Service and Atmosphere restaurant in many other polls.
* Voted Best Take-out in 2018
* Fun – Family, friendly atmosphere, and fast paced.
*Looking for High Energy individuals that are able to lead*
As an Assistant Manager, you are an enthusiastic role model who motivates Team Members to deliver exceptional service for every guest, every time. You build positive relationships with your team members and promote a positive and inclusive work environment.
As a passionate team leader, you believe in the importance of training Team Members to ensure high standards of guest service, quality and cleanliness are achieved. Through your knowledge of the quick-service restaurant industry, you take pride in supporting the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced restaurant.
Your 3+ years of restaurant/hospitality experience in a supervisory role combined with your practical knowledge of coaching and training Team Members makes you an ideal candidate for this role.
- Managing labour costs through effective floor management and scheduling.
- Controlling food & paper costs using order guides/PAR levels
- Ensuring that product launches and promotions are executed with perfection
- Resolving Guest issues, as well as working with your team to minimize issues
- Participate in the recruitment process
- Training new Team Members
- Train, remind and encourage Team Members to follow all Health & Safety policies and program we have in place
- Coach & discipline Team Members as needed
- Be a leader and always lead by example by following all Firehouse Subs policies and procedures
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Foster a positive work environment through leadership and example
- Local marketing for catering, along with catering preparations and delivery
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 kg / 45 lbs
- Able to help as needed in receiving large deliveries up to twice a week
- Ability to work under pressure in a high fast-paced environment adhering to tight deadlines
- Must be flexible as your work schedule may vary week to week based on business needs while fostering a fair work/life balance. Weekly schedules may require some afternoon and weekend shifts.
- Experience - Minimum 3 year experience in the restaurant industry
- Computer Skills - Point of Sale System, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service focused
- Amazing attitude and self-motivated
- Understanding Restaurant time management, and working in a fast pace environment
- Must have food handlers certificate
· Safe Food Handling Certificate (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant: 3 years (Required)