Located in the beautiful Niagara Region and in operation for close to 35 years, Book Depot is a leader in the bargain book industry. We have a state-of-the art large-scale distribution facility that functions with 350+ dedicated team members. Operating under several brands, we sell both direct-to-consumer and to the wholesale marketplace. Sales of physical books remain strong, resulting in new opportunities that are catapulting us forward!
As our wholesale customer base continues to grow, we are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Library/Educational Sales Representative who is passionate about the importance of literacy and helping provide alternative solutions to schools and libraries for ordering value priced books. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a significant number of school and library accounts as well as nurturing new business through email and phone conversations, attending trade shows, and meeting with clients. Occasional travel may be required. The ideal individual will be a disciplined self-starter who wants to take ownership and accountability for their clients. You will be joining a great team of established Sales Representatives in an environment where collegiality and collaboration are encouraged.
- Promote products/services to new and existing customers
- Effectively convert new business
- Maintain positive business and customer relationships to prolong customer lifetime value
- Close sales by means of excellent customer service and sales skills with the help of an established sales process
- Prioritize and/or escalate client questions and concerns to increase client satisfaction
- Track personal appointments, status reports, and sales
- Provide monthly sales reports/updates to Sales Manager
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals
- Other responsibilities as required
- 2 years’ sales experience is an asset
- Knowledge or experience in the Library/Educational sector
- Post-secondary education in marketing, business, or related discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce) tools is an asset
- Excellent organizational and execution skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A professional and driven sales associate with a dedication to quality service
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated, determined, and target driven
- An independent person who thrives in an autonomous environment
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned sales territory
- Ability to properly represent the company to its valued customers
- Forward thinking and acting, and committed to delivering excellence within a corporate structure
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to jobs[at]bookdepot.com. We thank you for your application and interest in Book Depot, however, only those applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted. Posting will be removed once the position has been filled.
Book Depot welcomes and encourages applications from exceptional individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time