The Electronics Technician/CMM Operator is responsible for performing NDI products characterization and calibration by setup and operating the automated CMM machine. Working as part of the Manufacturing Operations Team, the Electronic Technician is also responsible for performing electronic boards inspection, products assembly, testing and troubleshooting while ensuring all assemblies and products are built and tested to meet quality system objectives.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate the automated CMM machine
- Perform NDI’s products Characterization and calibration
- Determining characteristics of products and diagnosis of standard product failures
- Inspection of electronic boards, identifying defective components on the circuit boards, removing and replacing them as needed
- Utilize a variety of diagnostic equipment to test and troubleshoot products
- Perform testing and troubleshooting on a wide variety of circuits boards, electronic components, instruments and assemblies to confirm required unit performance against standards
- NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts, and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- Responsible for meeting quality assurance standards while making sure that all product specifications and manufacturing procedures comply with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and the US FDA Quality System.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Electronics Technician diploma
- Prior technician and/or related experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality systems
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Good organization and communication skills
- Demonstrate personal time management skills
- Familiarity with CMM concepts
Please note this job is afternoon shift from 4pm – 12am working with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time