Westmount Golf & Country Club offers a unique dining experience year round, with the best views found anywhere in the region from our newly renovated clubhouse and dining facilities. Our Innovative cuisine is prepared by master chefs, with attention to detail and taste, provides for an upscale – yet casual dining experience.
We are currently seeking passionate, highly motivated, experienced individual to join our culinary team as Line Chef. This is a full time, year-round position. The Line Chef will accurately and efficiently cook meats, seafood, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also, perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. If you are perusing a great culinary career, Westmount Golf & Country club is the place for you.
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- You are passionate about food and culinary excellence
- Excellent culinary tastes and artistic flair for creating unique recipes and appealing dish presentation
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 lbs
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Experience in a fast-paced, upscale restaurant
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Must be available to work all restaurant operating hours including evenings and weekends
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and bonuses;
- Bi-weekly Tip Out;
- Benefits and company match Registered Retirement Savings Plan;
- Golf, Tennis, Curling and meal privileges
- Career growth & ongoing development opportunities.
All employees of Westmount Golf & Country Club enjoy a number or perks including limited access to our premier golf and tennis facilities, discounted meals, Club sponsored events and activities and appreciation BBQ’s to name a few. If you are interested in joining team and to be apart of the region’s premier private club, APPLY NOW!
We offer seasonal menus. Our current spring menu includes:
Romaine, house made garlic dressing, lardons, fresh parmesan, pita chip croutons
Local and organic greens, rice wine vinaigrette, garden vegetables
Spinach, bacon, fresh sliced mushrooms, red onion, kiwi, orange segments with triple crunch mustard and apple cider dressing
Add chicken breast or pan seared salmon to above
Add shrimp skewer
SPRING COBB SALAD
Thyme red wine vinaigrette with roast chicken, cucumber, asparagus, leeks, radishes, avocado, chopped iceberg, blue cheese and topped with soft poached egg
SPIRALIZED THAI SALAD
Daikon, cucumber, carrot, bell pepper, bamboo shoots, pea sprouts and rice noodles with Thai coconut dressing
Brown buttered scallops with parmesan risotto and sautéed spinach
Chicken breast, peppers, cucumber, tomato, quinoa, red onion, creamy tahini dressing, grilled naan bread
Stuffed with spinach, sundried tomato and mozzarella. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and baby carrots
Potato gnocchi with wild mushroom ragu, Topped with sautéed kale
Grilled tenderloin with goat cheese gratins, snap peas and baby beets.
Served with peppercorn sauce
Our fish mongers freshest available served with chef’s accompaniments
Mustard and rosemary crusted lamb rack served with spring couscous pilaf, asparagus, cauliflower and red wine demi glace
LIVER AND ONIONS
Sautéed veal liver with caramelized onions, mashed celeriac, baby peas and sautéed cherry tomatoes also red wine demi on the plate.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Westmount Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap, or veteran status. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 3 years (Required)
- line cook: 3 years (Required)