The Day & Ross Transportation Group is currently seeking a full-time salary Intermediate Accountant in Hartland, NB.
As an Intermediate Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting and assisting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements, as well as validation of various balance sheet accounts for accuracy and completeness.
To be successful in this role, you will exceptionally complete the following (not an exhaustive list of responsibilities):
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation and journal entry preparation.
- Support and assist the Controller and other Accountants in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Reconciliation of GL or other financial information system downloads to invoices, bank statements, etc.
- Preparing daily and monthly revenue reports and reconciliations for Supply Chain and Day and Ross Trade Networks.
- Work with the Claims Department to reconcile accident accounts.
- Prepare quarterly consolidation packages for corporate accounting.
- Perform other ad hoc accounting assignments, as required.
- Continuous development of knowledge and skills in the field of accounting, including accounting practices and Day & Ross specific requirements.
- Other related duties as may be required.
To be qualified for this role, please ensure your resume clearly displays some or all of the following:
- Undergraduate degree in business or commerce with a major in accounting or finance.
- Enrolled in Professional Accounting designation
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in an accounting function in a business environment, preferably in the transportation industry.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and the aptitude for learning new software.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
The working environment can include long periods of sitting at a desk and data imputing.
Please apply directly on our website at www.dayandrosscareers.com
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
With a focus on quality customer service that extends to our valued employees, Day & Ross has been continuously recognized as an honored recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2005. We offer our full-time employees a generous Benefits package and a company matched Pension plan.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross Transportation Group fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)