You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Do you want to play a leadership role in driving strategic communications in support of Sun Life Canada’s business priorities? Are you an experienced Director of Corporate Communications who is passionate about telling stories internally and externally, creating engaging employee experiences and working collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver results? If the answer is ‘yes’, read more to see if this role could be a fit for you.
In addition to the skills below, we're looking for a passionate team player who is proactive, positive and proven in their ability to roll up their sleeves and play a leadership role on our broader Corporate Communications team supporting key company initiatives. This role reports into the AVP of Corporate Communications, Sun Life Canada.
What will you do?
- Create and execute internal and external communications plans in support of strategic initiatives for the Sun Life Canada business, specifically supporting Sun Life Canada cross-functional teams including Office of the President, Operations, Finance and Growth & Strategy.
- Write and create engaging communications with a passion for telling compelling stories
- Counsel senior leaders on communication issues and change priorities
- Drive proactive and compelling media relations, social media, and manage reputational issues
- Collaborate with communications teams across the enterprise to ensure alignment and prioritization with the employee experience top of mind.
- Coach team members in their professional development
- Fuel employee engagement by delivering strategic and visual internal communications tied to Sun Life's business priorities
- Serve as a change agent for delivering new and interactive ways to communicate to employees
- Solve day-to-day issues based on expertise and collaboration with others to find practical solutions
- Own metrics and measurement of employee communications and media coverage
What do you need to succeed?
- Experienced Communications leader with internal communications and media relations expertise
- Strong story telling skills and an eye for graphic design to support the delivery of impactful communications campaigns
- Self-starter with a proactive ability to initiate integrated communications plans, to own execution and measure results across multiple channels
- Strong issues management skills to quickly analyze issues, understand business impacts and deliver communications to mitigate issues
- Ability to advise and counsel senior executives and adapt to meet their business needs
- A proven strategic ability to lead a team to plan, prioritize and collaborate with others to meet tight deadlines and deliver measurable results based on communications plans
- Ability to manage and coach team members to help them grow and develop
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation and project management skills
- 10+ years of experience in communications, media relations
- Bilingual (English, French)
- Social media expertise and presence on LinkedIn, Twitter and other channels
- Understanding of the financial, health and insurance business landscape
- Graphic design experience
What's in it for you?
- 20 days vacation per year
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health - mental, physical and financial
- Fitness and wellness programs that help you balance work and life and enjoy a healthier lifestyle
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
93,800/93 800 - 153,200/153 200
Posting End Date: