PRODUCTION KITCHEN MANAGER
WHO WE ARE:
VESSEL is a leading venture-backed food-tech startup aimed at revolutionizing the way restaurants operate and the way customers experience dining. We enable food and beverage brands to launch and expand their reach through delivery-only and tech-enabled kitchens. We are headquartered in Miami, FL, and rapidly expanding across the US. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, want to be part of a fun team, and are eager to join a values-driven culture leading the digital disruption of the restaurant industry, then read on!
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a self-starter with leadership qualities who thrives in a fast paced, growing environment. You’ll be responsible for overseeing a Production Kitchen which involves purchasing, receiving, preparing, and shipping all food products in a timely manner, according to established recipes, and procedures.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Supervises production kitchen team and establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, and effective communication in the production kitchen.
- Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminates waste and leftovers.
- Prepares all food efficiently and in sufficient quantities in compliance with Vessel policy.
- Assure all Production is ready for next day, and all jobs are organized together, both hot and cold, & clearly marked.
- Verifies kitchen staff follow all recipes & portion servings correctly & according to menu specifications.
- Monitor taste and quality control of all food production.
- Utilizes company production planning tools and resources to ensure facility accountability for production scheduling.
- Determines all cost of food service operation, prepares recommendations for ensuing budget year, work within the current budgetary guidelines and maintains control over expenditures.
- Manages and maintains to the highest level the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment.
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of supervisory experience in a food production/manufacturing environment.
- Must have sound knowledge of principles of cost accounting, record keeping, and budget planning and purchasing procedures.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Prior experience as a supervisor overseeing and directing a large staff.
OH, AND THE OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time, sometimes for entire duration of shift
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position for a long period of time
- Unique opportunity to be part an early stage and fast-growing startup driving disruption in the food-tech space
- Work with a smart, dedicated and passionate team in vibrant culture
- Competitive compensation
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 3 years (Preferred)
- Kitchen Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Inventory Management: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)