Glengarry Construction is a rapidly growing construction company in the Northumberland & Quinte West area, who is looking to onboard and train an individual with the right attitude, mindset and perseverance as a skilled labourer.
Our company mainly focuses on custom homes as well as full scale renovations & additions.
- Prepare and clean up construction sites
- Move materials and equipment
- Handle and distribute construction materials (e.g., load and unload vehicles with supplies, equipment, and construction materials; move tools, equipment, and construction materials to and from work areas; remove rubble and other debris)
- Direct traffic, when necessary, to ensure correct safety procedures.
- Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings is an asset, but not required.
- Reliable transportation
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Highly motivated
- Physical strength and stamina
- Manual dexterity
- A safety-conscious attitude
- The ability to work with others in a team
- Must be willing to commute and work in remote job locations
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Continuously changing work tasks
- Ability to work a significant number of hours throughout the day
- Ability to lift and work with materials weighing up to 25kg
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and environments.
Bottom line is that we are looking to HIRE CHARACTER AND TRAIN SKILL. If you have the right mindset, and will mesh well within our team, then you background in construction is of little importance; we can teach you everything you need to know to grow with our company for years to come.
Part-time hours: 40-50 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Secondary School (required)
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
- fluent english (required)