Location : Ontario - Our office is located in Clarksburg, ON.
- Are you looking for a job in a well-established, North American manufacturing company?
- Does the wood industry interest you and you wish to evolve in a fast-growing company?
Look no further; Timberland Express is actively looking for someone just like you!
But who are we?
Timberland Express is a subsidiary of Stella-Jones Inc. and is responsible for hauling all the products manufactured by the latter. Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
With us, you will have access to:
- Complete benefits package including: Extended health and dental coverage, including a health spending account, Life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability coverage.
- Competitive salary.
- Retirement program (RRSP) with generous Company match (150% on the first 2.5%)
- Company Share Purchase Program with Company contribution
The Truck Driver, Long haul, operates a commercial truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations by performing the duties below:
- Deliver to customer yards and job site locations including multiple provinces, and cross-border state delivery.
- Load and unload products and supplies by using a loader/boom with grapple, and will be offloading rail cars and other trucks. They willPlacing products into yard bunks, and onto other truck/trailer combinations. Delivers to customer yards and job site locations including drop staking.
- Maintain records, documents, permits and valid licenses for assigned truck/equipment.
- Assist in maintenance, service of the trucks, yard and support equipment as required.
- Drive truck to destination including during adverse weather conditions and emergency storm response.
- Responsible for quantities and correct sizes and types to match shipping and receiving tickets to ensure accurate inventory.
- Ensure load tickets are signed, dated, and submitted on time.
- Maintain truck log according to provincial, State and Federal regulations.
- Maintain phone and/or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Perform daily pre- and post-trip DOT inspections on truck and trailer; check oil, coolant, tires, connections and pins.
- Perform emergency roadside repair such as changing lights, small mechanical problems, hoses, and tire chains installation, etc.
- Properly secures cargo per DOT regulations.
- Responsible for safety, DOT, provincial and OSHA awareness
- Participate and contribute to company safety programs.
- Overnight stays required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Are you authorized to travel into the United States
- Are you able to travel across Canada?
- trucking: 3 years (preferred)
- CDL and/or AZ Driver's License (required)
Work Location: On the road