TPH Legal Services is currently seeking a Legal Collections Officer with up to 2 years of experience to join our growing team in our efforts to contact consumers owing debt and negotiate timely payment, while accurately updating accounts, following prescribed guidelines. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and will always provide accurate information to consumers while in compliance with all regulatory and company policies.
- Contact customers to negotiate payment of outstanding accounts for external bank clients;
- Assist in determining whether to settle claims and/or commence legal action;
- Maintain and update client files;
- Handle large volumes of documentation in an organized fashion;
- Professionally and respectfully negotiate with consumer and explore money sources to determine best possible arrangement
- Perform additional tasks and clerical duties as required.
- Previous collections experience – up to 2 years;
- Some experience with collecting for financial institutions is an asset;
- Deadline and performance driven;
- Ability to negotiate in a tactful and diplomatic manner using superior oral and written communication skills;
- Team player with great people skills showing an ability to work in a team environment as well as independently;
- Proven sense of urgency with the ability to shift priorities as necessary.
A satisfactory criminal records check will be required from the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
This role offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a pleasant environment with a great team. This position is to commence as soon as possible after the selected candidate has been hired.
We thank all applicants, however, only those with the above stated qualifications who are selected for a telephone interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $2,800.00-$3,800.00 per month
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Temporarily due to COVID-19