Please note this position will require travel within GTA and will be permanently based at our Pickering Casino.
Are you excited about electronics and have a passion for people? This may be the position you have been looking for. You will be responsible for creating a memorable experience for our guests by maximizing uptime of the machines with preventative maintenance and quickly and accurately repairing slot machines as needed. You will help keep the excitement on the gaming floor by assisting with theme conversions and slot machine moves. You will also help with jackpot wins by ensuring slot machine integrity. You will work under Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Service and repairs slot machines.
- Perform Slot Machine Moves, Conversions, Game installs, and other slot projects as assigned and in conjunction with all applicable Alcohol and Gaming Commission Ontario (AGCO) regulations and Casino internal controls.
- Set up game options and tests including hardware, firmware and system interfaces, to include confirmation that all are accurate and functional.
- Daily computer use including Microsoft office, in-house slot management programs and others as needed.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist guests with any needs or concerns in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Slot Projects will require travel to other One Toronto locations.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree or diploma or comparable combination of equivalent working experience and education with a background in electronics.
- 2+ years’ hands on working experience in a Slot Operations or Electronics area.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software packages and the ability to troubleshoot electronic equipment.
- An ability to work in a physically demanding area and be familiar with a high-volume, fast paced, shift work environment.
- The ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Ability to troubleshoot and solder circuit boards-adjust, assemblies and components using bench testing equipment such as multi-meters, power supplies, and scopes to perform daily duties is an asset.
- Acquire and maintain Ontario Smartserve,
Ontario Gaming GTA L.P is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- troubleshoot and solder circuit boards: 2 years (Preferred)
- troubleshooting electronic equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
- electronics: 2 years (Preferred)