The Human Resources Learning and Development Team consult, advise and manage contextual learning solutions that enhance the knowledge, skills and ability of members and leaders. We have an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for a Manager, Learning and Development to work closely with the Learning & Development Team, and multiple stakeholders across the organization to analyze learning needs and support career development initiatives for our members and leaders.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Working with the team to develop and execute the best learning experience for members across the strategic business unit
- Collaborating to create learning programs and strategies that build the knowledge and skills of our members
- Play an active role in developing and executing the learning and development strategy
- Design and deliver a range learning and development programs to enhance member development
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including senior members of CGI and collaborate with HR colleagues to support talent development
- Identify learning needs and develop appropriate learning strategies based on adult learning principles
- Manage large and complex learning projects, including those targeted to senior level audiences
- Work with SMEs to develop program content and/or project strategy using appropriate instructional design in consultation with SMEs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the programs and projects, including overall business impact
- Represent L&D in various committees, meetings and work streams
- Support compliance learning activities as required by the business
- Leverage the CGI Network to share ideas, best practices and content
- Post-secondary education in adult education from a recognized university or college
- 5+ years of direct training/learning and development experience required
- 3+ years guiding, directing, and supporting people, developing processes, and implementing learning initiatives
- Experience in a professional services environment preferred
- Ability to influence and guide work efforts and outcomes without direct authority
- Strong knowledge of technology and digital tools - Office 365, Microsoft (Word 10, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Experience with leaning experience platforms an asset
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.