Work part-time from the comfort of your own home!
We’re seeking dynamic individuals who have excellent communication skills and customer service experience (call centre, retail or restaurant environment) to join our team of inbound Customer Service Agents.
Our inbound Customer Service Agents are ambassadors for Diabetes Canada and its operations arm, National Diabetes Trust. Through our “Declutter” program, we divert more than 100 million pounds of clothing and household items from landfills. This energy savings is equivalent to planting 8.6 million trees each year.
One hundred percent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,500 children and youth with Type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, we raise funds for world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
About the Role
Here is a terrific opportunity for individuals based in Saskatchewanwho are looking to work part time from the comfort of their own home. Our inbound Customer Service Agents are responsible for answering calls, emails and voice mails from customers – and delivering an exceptional experience to all customers.
Ideally, you will have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum high school diploma
- 6 months – 1 year of experience in customer service and/or call centre environment
- Proven customer service skills preferably in the non-profit service industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, emotional intelligence, telephone manner and IT literacy
- Inquisitive and quick to learn, with strong information-seeking skills
- Ability to project a positive business-like image to the public
- Ability to maintain calm, professional manner even during stressful situations/dealing with upset customers
- Proficient computer skills, multi- tasking and using multiple systems at once
- Advanced Internet and E-mail skills are required
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Excellent reliability and punctuality
- Strong organizational skills
- Available to work a maximum of 29 hours per week in 8-hour daily time blocks including both Saturday and Sunday; flexibility with schedule is an asset
- Bilingual French/English would be an asset
What we Offer
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Be a member of a high-performing team within a growing socially and environmentally responsible organization
- A meaningful role in an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to end diabetes
- Competitive industry-standard salary
- Corporate discount at GoodLife Fitness
How to Apply
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise us during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $11.56 /hour