Your New Company
A leading residential development group in the Hamilton/Niagara area is seeking a corporate controller interested in the residential real estate development/construction industry and has a desire to expand their career through increased responsibility.
Your New Role
Assist the CFO with managing the IT, human resource, estimating, property management, accounting, and finance functions of a well established real estate developer.
The major day to day responsibilities of this role would be as follow:
· Coordinate accounting, budgeting, taxation & other financial operations
· Production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages.
· Prepare financial analysis & reports to support management’s decision making process.
· Management of accounting staff
· Develop or manage existing systems for project cost reporting used to evaluate projects.
· Establish or maintain existing internal controls and systems of financial reporting.
· Manage bi weekly payroll, employee benefit plans and annual government reporting.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Assist CFO with preparation of project proforma evaluations and cash flows required for both development and house building projects.
· Interact with financial institutions to secure financing for all projects
· Report on an ongoing basis, the status of projects (monthly draw process)
· Monitor the groups liquidity position on continuous basis
What you Will Need to Succeed
Superior knowledge of ASPE accounting principles and practices as applied to the real estate development, property management and house building industries.
Strong leadership, organizational and management capabilities.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure within timelines while meeting company goals
Ability to accurately multi task in timely manner
University degree in Accounting or Finance
Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
Direct experience in real estate development and construction an asset
Experience with Real Estate Industry ERP Systems
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- controller: 1 year (Preferred)