Under the direction of the Manager of Transportation and Waste Management Services, manages the effective and efficient delivery of Oxford County transportation services including safety to the public and employees through the County road and active transportation systems.
1. Certified Engineering Technician/Technologist (OACETT)
2. Demonstrated initiative and practical judgment acquired through education, training and five years of related practical experience, with preferably at least two in a related supervisory role.
3. Sound knowledge of maintenance and construction practices and standards, sound knowledge of applicable acts, legislation and regulations, traffic management and transportation planning. Comprehensive knowledge of practical skills required for winter maintenance operations.
4. Certified Road Supervisor – Senior (CRS-S) certification would be a definite asset.
5. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; decisive; impartial, tactful and diplomatic.
6. Good computer skills with Microsoft Office software and web-based asset and fleet management applications.
7. Knowledge and training in all aspects of safety for workers and the public.
8. Valid Ontario DZ driver’s license with a clean driving abstract required.
For detailed information regarding this position download the Job Profile
May 12, 2020
June 9, 2020 4:00 PM
Interested persons may submit their cover letter & resumes for posted positions by email to email@example.com. Please note that we only accept electronic resumes in response to a posted competition. We do not keep resumes on file.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. The County will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.