The purpose of this position is to package and ship the prescriptions to clients in a timely, accurate and consistent manner. Performing other general office duties will be required as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate FedEx and Canada Post computers to create the shipping label for all completed orders.
- Verify that all of the information on the shipping label corresponds to the information on the invoice (i.e. client’s name, address, reference number).
- Pack orders for shipping and complete any documentation for delivery.
- Communicate effectively with office staff to ensure all shipments are prepared prior to pick-up.
- Restock all shipping materials.
- Follow-up with any shipping problems or errors that arise by answering customer service questions or concerns.
- Receive shipments at the shipping dock and ensure they get to the appropriate personnel.
- Restock shelves as required in a neat and organized fashion.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the work area.
- Assist other staff during slow periods or any appropriate tasks outlined by the Senior Manager.
- Assist in the training of any new staff to the area.
- Perform general office duties (i.e. filing) as directed by management.
- Keep focused and on-task and operate as part of a cohesive team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Basic computer skills and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Willingness to learn and work in a constantly evolving environment
- Able to keep a clean work environment
- Able to handle stress well
- Punctuality and the ability to maintain a good attendance record
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving is an asset.
The employee will need to follow all health and safety procedures when handling materials.
This position requires the employee to stand for an extended period of time throughout the day. Some moderate lifting is required.
Additional tasks as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
To keep our employees safe we have provided masks, hand sanitizer, and implemented social distancing between staff members. We have also limited access to the building for non-employees.
- Shipping and Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- receiving: 1 year (Preferred)