WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held content producer, distributor and TV channel operator. We own and operate numerous production companies in North America and Asia-Pacific under the Blue Ant Studios banner, creating content for broadcasters and streaming platforms in multiple genres including factual entertainment, natural history, documentary, adult animation and drama. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a substantial catalogue of content, including one of the world's largest 4K natural history offerings. Blue Ant Media operates channels under nine brands including Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and more. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with seven international offices in Los Angeles, New York, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Washington DC, and Beijing. Blueantmedia.com
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values:
optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Media Librarian (12 Month Contract)
Reporting to the Director of IT and Program Management, the successful candidate will contact, track and ship video tapes/drives to original distributors/owners. The position is required to work out of the Toronto office.
The Media Librarian engages with internal and external suppliers to ensure that the receipt and delivery of all media assets is completed in a timely manner.
In addition, the Media Librarian catalogues and manages media assets on behalf of other Blue Ant Media departments, while acting as a liaison between various Blue Ant departments for media asset distribution.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Creation and management of ingest workflows for physical assets (video tapes & digital hard drives)
- Organizing and maintain the Blue Ant Media physical and digital library
- Data entry into various Blue Ant systems
- Working with Media Services to create the content catalogs, setting the new workflows for continued expansion of these catalogs moving forward
- Possible capture of video tape assets, including cataloging and metadata tagging of Blue Ant IP content
- Organize and track video tapes by distributor/owner
- Find and contact new distributor if original one does not exist
- Contact current distributor/owner and prep the video tapes for return shipment
- Collect and prep any remaining video tapes for destruction
- Any other duties as required
Key Qualifications & Experience
- A diploma or degree in Broadcasting, Library Sciences, Records Management or Information Management is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of video and audio configurations and codecs is required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to satisfy competing deadlines in a time-sensitive environment are required
- Familiar with Google Workspace products
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and do physical count
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.