*Please submit all application documents in PDF format*
We know the importance of stability during these unprecedented times and as an essential service, we've been steadily growing our employee numbers since March 2020. With many large projects on the horizon, it's an exciting time to join our team and become part of our stable, growing organization and industry.
At Houle, we are passionate about building resilient communities. From airports, shipping terminals, and water treatment facilities, to hospitals, universities, and shopping centres, we deliver integrated electrical solutions for our industrial, commercial, institutional and residential customers.
While we are leaders in electrical construction, we also specialize in a wide range of in-house technology solutions, including audio visual, building automation, healthcare systems, network systems, and security and life-safety. As a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, we take pride in our talented people and collaborative culture that bring our client's vision to life.
About the position:
Currently, we are seeking a dedicated Payroll Assistant to join our Payroll team based from Burnaby, BC. This position reports to the Payroll Supervisor and is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join the payroll world!
Working with a close team of payroll specialists, the successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of the company's Hourly payroll, and for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related client service, including recordkeeping and reporting.
This position is a one year contract role, with opportunity for extension.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and process the bi-weekly hourly payroll in JDE EnterpriseOne
- Time sheet collection, entry, and data verification
- Reporting and remitting regulatory payments, i.e. CRA, WCB, Union
- Reconcile year-end payroll records and prepare T4's
- Prepare termination payments and prepare Records of Employment
- Preparation of payroll journals and accruals
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in a customer service or office environment
- Experience in an accounting or payroll role an asset
- Experience using an ERP system such as JDE an asset
- Intermediate Excel may be tested
- Understanding of BC Employment Standards
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast paced and high volume environment
- Proven teamwork skills as well as the ability to work well independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail orientated with the ability to problem solve
Culture is important at Houle. You must be collaborative in nature. You are a solution focused team player and always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and a straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Houle offers an exciting, enjoyable work environment, competitive benefits package as well as a competitive incentive plan and many company sponsored events.
To apply, please visit https://www.houle.ca/current-career-opportunities/ and click on the listing for "Payroll Assistant". Opportunity will remain open until filled.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract