Family Service Thames Valley is a not-for-profit multi-service agency that strengthens individuals, couples, and families as they face life challenges. It supports the well being of people, organizations and communities through counselling, education, collaborative planning, outreach and advocacy. The agency is known within the community as a strong proponent of social justice.
FSTV is currently accepting applications for a full-time Adult Protective Service Worker (APSW)/Case Management position. This is a contract until March 31st, 2021. The APSW/Case Manager coordinates services for people who have a developmental disability, helping them to be self-determining, secure and fully integrated in the community through the use of natural supports and community resources. The APSW/Case Manager also functions as an advocate promoting the community's capacity to connect with and involve people who have a developmental disability.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A developmental or human services diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities
- Extensive knowledge of developmental services including individualized Passport resources
- Understanding and background in assisting individual with future planning and connecting to community resources
- Experience providing education, coaching or mentoring support as part of a community based program
- Broad understanding of community resources, the determinates of safety and wellbeing for the client base served and the ability to form strategies to meet these needs
- Proven capacity for nurturing positive, collaborative community relations
- Demonstrated experience functioning as an advocate
- Strong interpersonal skills with a keen ability to establish relationships of trust, credibility and professionalism with clients of widely ranging backgrounds, capacities or needs
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to self-manage on a day-to-day basis, to be trusted to carry out the mandate of the role professionally
- Commitment to deepening own knowledge and skills as a support worker
- Known to handle stressful situations and interactions with others with diplomacy and tact, maintaining professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to work in consultative and collaborative manner with respect and dignity accorded to others
- A strong and demonstrated belief in human rights, a respect for all citizens, and belief in the right of people to make their own choices.
- CPR/First Aid required
- Access to a reliable vehicle and current driver's license
- Clear current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Supporting individuals with developmental disabilities: 5 years (Preferred)