WHO ARE WE?
Join us to make a difference for the next generation. At the intersection of education, technology, and play, our SaaS platform, Zorbit's Math, brings powerful learning and lots of smiles to classrooms by combining learning science, analytics, and play.
We are a social enterprise that is laser-focused on making the lives of students better, paying particular attention to supporting students who are too often marginalized. People who work here wake up each morning knowing that they are having a significant positive impact on the world.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone exceptionally detail-oriented to be the organizational driving force behind all our software development projects. Someone with outstanding communication and decision-making skills. Someone who will fit right in with our highly entrepreneurial and driven team, and who will grin and roll their eyes at our CEO’s awful Dad jokes.
WHY WORK HERE?
We have some awesome perks that are listed below, but the reason you’ll really want to work here is because every one of our team members is awesome and driven to have impact. Everyone is talented and hardworking, while also being warm, supportive, and compassionate.
As an employer, we believe that employees should have the flexibility to design and organize their own work day to create balance between their work life and their personal/home life. This is a place for people who really thrive on freedom and autonomy. We trust you to make decisions that will maximize both your happiness, and your ability to drive our mission.
Some of those perks we mentioned:
- A competitive base salary;
- Inclusion in annual bonus program;
- Support of work-life balance through remote work and workday flexibility;
- Social events and celebrations;
- Cost-shared health and dental;
- Wonderful teammates (did we mention that one already?)
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Planning out the production of software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance;
- Assembling and leading the project team, including playing a role on recruitment across development teams;
- Participating in and supervising each stage of the projects;
- Maintaining sprint schedules and running regular standups;
- Liaising with third party providers in areas such as QA testing, translation, voice work, etc.;
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion;
- Tracking milestones, deliverables, and changes in project scope/deliverables;
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information across the company.
- Proven experience (minimum 3 years) in project management and software development;
- Strong technical knowledge;
- Good leadership, decision-making, and organization skills;
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit - willing to experiment, test new processes, and adapt quickly;
- Highly collaborative - demonstrated ability to work exceptionally well in teams.
We recognize that there are significant institutional barriers to equity and inclusion in both classrooms and tech companies such as ours. We are an anti-racist company that seeks to act consciously to help break down those barriers. Moreover, we recognize that to deliver inclusive products and services to the teachers and young children who engage with us and our technology, we must have a diverse and inclusive staff. To that end, we are more than an equal opportunity employer - we consciously seek to make hires that increase the diversity of our staff.
This is a full-time position based in St. John's, NL.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home