Who We Are
We’re your local adventure experts —helping you expand your vehicle’s potential, creating more space for friends and family, peace-of-mind protection for your prized gear and bigger possibilities for your next weekend escape or road trip with no return date.
Whether you’re answering a spontaneous call to the wild or carefully plotting a cross country journey—we ensure you find the right fit for your vehicle and activity, install it on the spot or ship it out same-day, then set you up with care and maintenance resources so it’s Reliable For Life.
Rack up. Head out. Explore More.
What You’ll Do
At Rack Attack, we are all about creating more space for our gear guides and community to explore their next adventure safely and seamlessly. We strive to be an inclusive, positive and collaborative workplace for everyone. This role is a great opportunity to use your leadership skills, passion for adventure, and creativity to develop personalized, easy experiences for everyone.
As part of our training program, you will be temporarily relocated to one of our flagship stores to undergo training for 2-3 weeks, living costs and travel expenses covered. Over the course of the training period you will become an expert in product knowledge, store operations, and Rack Attack best practices.
As a Store Manager In Training you will:
- Deliver exceptional service to our community and propel day to day store operations;
- Recruit and onboard new gear guides with our company values, prioritizing team needs;
- Manage store Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and take a proactive approach to drive business for your location;
- Develop product knowledge and ensure the gear guides are well-versed in it;
- Partner with HR to ensure compliance with health and safety plans, regulations, and general best practices;
- Assist with product installations;
- Manage inventory;
- Coach, develop, and inspire your gear guides and Assistant Store Manager (ASM) day to day to exceed in their roles and help them grow within the company;
- Provide consistent and constructive feedback, holding your gear guides and ASM accountable to results;
- Maintain store cleanliness and other merchandising activities;
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management, staff meetings, store walk-throughs and audits;
- Responsibly and fairly schedule and manage hours for everyone;
- Collaborate with your District Manager and be proactive in implementing solutions for any areas of opportunities that may arise; and
- Perform other related duties, as required.
What You’ll Earn
We want you to feel comfortable and be able to support your authentic lifestyle. As part of our unique compensation package, you will earn 15% of all store spiffs in addition to your base wage. Different from commission, certain sales and installations are spiffed and are not capped at a maximum amount. You will also participate in Rack Attack's Store Manager Bonus Program. Both the bonus and store spiff percentage are a substantial part of your compensation.
Please note the compensation listed for this position includes base salary, bonus, as well as the manager’s percentage of store spiffs.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a managerial role, preferably in a retail or shop setting;
- Minimum 3 years’ customer service experience;
- Automotive and/or mechanical knowledge preferred;
- Passion for adventure and/or cars;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Capability to communicate professionally with our community and gear guides;
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team day to day; and
- Capacity to contribute to a respectful culture and healthy work environment.
What We Offer
- Unique and Competitive Compensation Packages
- Extended Health Benefits
- Retirement Contribution (RRSP) Matching Program
- Team Morale Events
- Ongoing Professional Development and Training
- Endless Growth Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coquitlam, BC V3K 0A7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Can you drive standard?
- Can you lift up to 50 pounds?
- Automotive/Mechanical: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (preferred)
- Retail management: 2 years (preferred)
- Driver's Licence (required)
Work Location: In person