WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
What’s The Job?
If you are the successful candidate, you will become an expert in Ross Video’s live production video and audio products. This expertise will be gained by working directly with developers, creating product test plans, performing product testing, and working with the team to expose and fix bugs. You will use the latest software frameworks to write agents for test automation and equipment configuration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and planning process and collaborate with the Software and Hardware development teams to perform product testing.
- Create advanced media production setups similar to what the industry uses including spine leaf networks with edge processing.
- Participate in the definition, maintenance, and management of our interop lab.
- Develop comprehensive test plans based on our product roadmap, targeted applications, and workflows.
- Execute test plans and report status.
- Identify critical test scenarios and automate them.
- Plan your own sprints, provide effort estimates and regular status updates.
- Collaborate with other technical and non-technical teams, from manufacturing to graphic artists.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Diploma/ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a development role or testing role.
- Experience with test cycle management tools.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (Python, Robot Framework, C, TCL, Bash etc.).
- Network router/switch configuration experience is an asset
- Experience with object oriented programming (C++, C#, JAVA, etc.)
- Experience with development management tools such as source control and code review.
- Experience with bug tracking tools (Jira etc.)
- Familiarity/knowledge of broadcast and multimedia technology.
- Familiarity/knowledge of computer networking (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.).
- Familiarity/knowledge of operating systems (Linux and Windows platforms)
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you have integrity, commitment, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we'd like to hear from you.