Facility Assistant III
Hamlin (North Battleford), SK
Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian grain! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for an organized, self-motivated and attentive individual to bring their skills and experience to a fast-paced environment in the role of Facility Assistant III (FA III), based in Hamlin, SK.
Make Your Mark
This position gives you the ability to be a part of Canada’s dynamic grain industry while maintaining a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
P&H’s roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 60 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
In the role of Facility Assistant III, the successful candidate will assist in the overall operation of the facility and achievement of production targets, while demonstrating an exceptionally high level of customer service and providing leadership to other Facility Assistants. The FA III is responsible for monitoring safe operating procedures and maintaining the corresponding documentation.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the movement of grain by loading and unloading shipments
- Blending and loading fertilizer, loading and unloading chemicals and treating seed
- Assisting the General Manager in mentoring and educating Facility Assistants in grading, inventory management and safety practices
- Exercising competency in grading grain
- Binning and blending of all incoming grain
- Performing exceptional customer service duties
- Regular facility maintenance & housekeeping
- Commitment to maintaining a safe & compliant working environment
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a grain elevator facility
- Previous Team Lead/supervisory experience would be an asset
- Ability to lift heavy materials repeatedly (up to 50 lbs)
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for maintenance and repair of grain elevator equipment (an asset)
To apply, please visit our career website: http://parrishandheimbecker.com/career_all. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent