We are currently hiring a Senior Accountant to join our team! This is a full-time position (40 hours), located in downtown Montreal (Square-Victoria area).
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of a system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. The position is also responsible for cash management, risk management and coordination of insurance for the business.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
* 5*+ years of progressively responsible experience
* The candidate must be bilingual(English and French)
* Must have great interpersonal, communication, coaching skills
* Advanced technological skills: Microsoft Office and Compeat (or similar) accounting software
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Issue timely and complete income statements
- Maintain and improve various financial reports
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Work hand in hand with operations people to ensure a cohesive front designed to support store managers and teams.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)