As a member of the Fairmont team you will have access to health benefits after 3 months of full time employment, subsidized housing starting at $16.50/day and the opportunity to live and grow your career in a National Park!
www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs
Assistant Director, Rooms
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, the Assistant Director of Rooms will oversee the effectiveness of guest service, employee engagement and development, as well as service enhancements for all key departments in the Rooms division. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the strategic development of Front Desk, Concierge, Royal Service, Fairmont Gold, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Reservations and Resort Activities. This individual will also be a key player in the planning and execution of improving service delivery at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and shall be included in the extended Executive Committee. Analytical skills, creativity, planning, financial acumen, and a passion for driving guest and colleague satisfaction are must haves for this position.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Rooms, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as Director of Rooms when Director is absent from the operation
- Handle guest concerns, ensuring we recover remarkably and conduct follow-up in all areas of opportunity
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled departmental/divisional meetings
- Assist in managing the departmental forecast/budget/month end for all areas of the Rooms Division
- Seek feedback and follow-up on guest comments in order to achieve the targeted guest satisfaction score
- Utilize all guest feedback platforms to analyze trends, eliminate issues, and prevent problems
- Participate in the Service Excellence Committee and effectively promote and utilize SCORE and KIPSU platforms to exceed guest expectations
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership, guest service excellence and our Brand Promise
- Provide coaching and mentoring to leaders and colleagues alike, and create an environment that allows them to exceed guest expectations
- Establish and monitor effective goals and measurements for the division through the utilization of the tools and resources with the Performance Management Program (PMP)
- Pro-actively engage in, and support recruitment, selection, training, mentoring and development of leaders and colleagues through the Pathway to Leadership Program to ensure talent is ready for promotion within the Hotel or Brand
- Ensure brand (inc Loyalty & LQA) and service standards are in place, maintained, embraced, audited, improved upon, and celebrated
- Review industry trends for new and innovative product and service opportunities
- Ensure that colleague concerns are resolved successfully, and create an environment where there is a feeling of ownership by all departments when it comes to guest & colleague concerns
- Actively take part in Health & Safety initiatives, and execute Health & Safety mandates throughout division including WCB policies and practices
- Maximize revenues and effectively control costs
- Utilize labour management tools and tactics to ensure the right amount of people are in the right place at the right time for the right job
- Ensure representation of departments on hotel environmental committee. Ensure environmental initiatives are adhered to, and new and innovative environmental opportunities are implemented
- Maintain excellent relationships with business partners and the community
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper or previous Rooms Division position
- Comprehensive knowledge of Front Office and Housekeeping operations, policies, procedures and expense management
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach and develop your team
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background
- Highly self-motivated, organized, goal and results oriented individual who thrives under pressure
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Effective tracking and follow up skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Operational knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent