Modern full-scope rapidly growing Optometry clinic in the booming town of Shelburne, is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, responsible, organised and customer focussed Optometric Assistant for a part-time position.
Job Type: Permanent, Part-time
Required education: High School / College or University or equivalent.
Previous optometry office/optical experience will be considered as a huge asset.
- Providing personalised customer service
- Office administration and patient reception with other general clerical duties
- Scheduling appointments and referrals
- Managing Insurance Verification
- Pre-testing procedures
- Conducting preliminary vision tests prior to the eye health examination (Auto refraction, Lensometry, NCT, Retinal Photography, OCT and Visual Field Testing)
- Neutralization, repair, and adjustment of eyeglasses
- Entering lab orders
- Assisting the Optometrist with examination procedures
- Managing effective recall systems
- Provide patients with ophthalmic frame and lens recommendations
- Dispensing of prescription and non-prescription eye wear
- Inventory management
- Communicating with vendors
- Patient instruction for contact lens insertion, removal and hygiene
- Help maintain a clean and healthy environment for staff and patients
- Maintain proper records and ensures patient privacy
- Organised, and creative with an eye for perfection.
- Working under pressure and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Working under minimum supervision. Someone who can take initiatives and show leadership.
- Patient-focused with a professional attitude
- Prior experience in healthcare, or retail sales, eye wear, and fashion
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated with a technical mindset
- Computer skills & use of Microsoft office
We are looking for a friendly individual who is courteous, outgoing, a great communicator, team player, enjoys working with people, reliable, trustworthy, energetic, punctual, and is willing to be trained to build a career with us.
If you are interested in the role then, please apply to the posting by attaching your resume.
Thank you for your application!
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Medical Administration: 1 year (Required)
- Basic Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Clinic: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Dundalk, ON (Preferred)
- Optometric Assistant (Preferred)
- English (Required)