Position Details: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
Location: 18 King Street East, Bolton ON
Deadline to Apply: April 11, 2021 Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early; interviews will be conducted throughout the competition process.
Agency Overview: Within our own five community service locations, six Peel Living buildings, and throughout the entirety of the Town of Caledon, Caledon Community Services (CCS) is helping shape the future of a caring and engaged Caledon community. We turn 50 this year! Our programs address community needs in a uniquely challenging and increasingly diverse GTA community. CCS is home to Caledon’s only accessible transportation program, the Exchange Community Hub that includes food supports and a range of activities, the Caledon Specialist Clinic, and personal support services for seniors. We offer settlement services and language classes for newcomers and comprehensive employment services for job seekers and local businesses. We provide paid training programs for Caledon youth as well as exciting internships and volunteer opportunities. Finally, we open our doors to the community daily within our two fabulous retail shopping destinations that support all of our programs. The breadth of our services makes for compelling opportunities to attract new friends and raise support for our work. Learn more at ccs4u.org.
Position Overview: The Manager, Staff & Scheduling is responsible for providing managerial oversight to the following Areas:
- Assisted Living (AL) Staff, supervision & scheduling
- Assisted Living (AL) Client Schedules
The incumbent ensures appropriate staff supervision and support; and creates client service schedules that utilize the staffing resources of the agency to its fullest capacity.
As part of the health services team, other duties may include answering questions pertaining to the agency and health service programs. Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information is required.
Summary of Responsibilities: Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Health Services, the incumbent:
STAFF AND CLIENT SCHEDULING
- Prepares, reviews, edits, and maintains various forms of documents such as staff and client schedules, memos, notices, presentations, reports, etc.;
- Coordinates and monitors staff absences (sick, flex, vacation, etc.) and ensure adequate coverage to minimize client service impacts;
- Monitors performance, addresses performance management issues and completes annual performance appraisals for direct reports for the Assisted Living (AL) program;
- Participates in the hiring (as needed), orientation and training, supervision and monitoring of staff, students and volunteers;
- Supports staff with monitoring and education to achieve and maintain appropriate documentation;
- Maintains detailed employee records in strict compliance with documentation and confidentiality protocols;
- Monitors and maintains staff training and renewal requirements;
- Reviews and approves timesheets on a bi-weekly basis for payroll, ensuring staff absences are reflected in the reporting process and reconciled to the Payroll Interface report sign off;
- Reviews and approves staff Vacation Requests on a quarterly basis and completes Shift Exchanges as requested;
- Reviews and approves Mileage & Expenses for PSW staff on a monthly basis for submission to Finance department;
- Monitors and maintains office and program supply inventory levels, preparing and submitting orders as needed.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure programs operate within established budget;
- Works in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Reviews and monitors Health & Safety Reports monthly, providing an update for the quarterly JHSC meetings;
- Collaborates with Assisted Living Leadership Team to deliver standardize services;
- Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures; as well as systems for program evaluation, quality improvement and risk management;
- Upholds and promotes the organization’s philosophy relating to our Mission, Vision, and Values and adhere to our policies and procedures;
- Participates in the training, and support of staff, students and volunteers;
- Ensures staff compliance with organization wide and program policies and procedures;
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all interactions;
- Participates in an On-Call rotation providing 24/7/365 support to AL & TCC Programs;
- Behaves in a manner consistent with the values and ethics of CCS, appropriately representing the Agency in the community;
- Participates in regular Health Services Division team meetings;
- Serves on the Agency’s Operations Coordination Team (OCT)/Middle Management group;
- Completes other duties and tasks as needed/assigned.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (i.e. Nursing, Allied Health Professional, Health Management, Community Health, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
Nature of Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/management experience in Health Services or related field
- Minimum 3 years of scheduling experience in Health or a related field;
- Clean Criminal Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector;
- Familiarity with GoldCare or a comparable client records database is a definite asset;
- Performance Assessment and Management;
- Dedication to workplace safety measures and best practices;
- Strong knowledge of applicable employment and health and safety legislation;
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands;
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Ability to adapt and learn new technology that is introduced into the workplace to support daily business operations;
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory/management skills;
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment;
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion;
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems;
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Superior telephone manners;
- Ability to accept and provide constructive criticism;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team;
- Health promotion initiatives and community development;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
Interested applicants can apply by forwarding an updated resume and cover letter by the deadline. Please cite competition #21-06. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early; interviews will be conducted throughout the competition process. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected to attend an interview. CCS is an equal opportunity employer encouraging applications from qualified individuals from diverse groups including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity and other grounds identified under the Ontario Human Rights Code. CCS will provide information and/or accommodation pertaining to this job posting and/or the recruitment process in an accessible manner upon request.
Reference ID: #21-06
Job Type: Full-time