Our Business is Growing... and we’d like you to join us!
Heavy Duty Mechanic Position Available
West and Central Fraser Valley
$40 - $50 per hour (depends on experience)
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
At Prins Greenhouses we view each job as a fresh challenge. Using innovative technology and a lot of hard work, we are dedicated to designing and building the most efficient growing environments possible for our customers and their crops. Our construction and systems installation leaders have over 125 years of combined experience in the greenhouse industry and have been providing high-quality workmanship for growers in Canada and the USA over the last 40 years.
Our company is committed to long-lasting relationships with customers, staff and suppliers. It supports the growth of both the individual and the team. With healthy individuals a team is all the stronger, and teamwork is the core of our success.
Are you someone who enjoys stable, challenging and rewarding work with room for growth? Join our team and work with great people who love what they do! Competitive wages, a comprehensive employee benefits plan and RRSP matching are some of the additional perks to working with Prins Greenhouses. Join our team and be part of an industry that brings food to the tables of millions.
- Maintaining all construction and greenhouse equipment that has mechanical, electrical and electronic components, including regular service maintenance and any necessary repairs on the job sites
- Repairing and troubleshooting greenhouse heating, shading, climate control, CO2 and irrigation systems
- Maintaining thorough service records for all construction equipment (both on site and on company server)
- Working in the field and outdoors, all year round, in all weather
- Working at heights of up to 35 feet
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Some overtime hours and occasional out of town work required
Successful candidates will possess:
- 5 years of experience (minimum) in a heavy-duty mechanical position (or similar experience)
- Millwright capabilities with a strong electronic/electrical background and welding experience would be a bonus
- Tickets are not necessarily required, but related experience is required
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems independently
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or a current work visa
Email your resume and references. Short-listed applicants will be contacted by telephone. Thank you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$50.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types: