Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental, has close to 8,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America, with revenues of approximately C$2.6 billion. TC Transcontinental is Canada’s largest printer and a leader in flexible packaging in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
For over 45 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success.
This position will be part of our Printing Sector. The Printing Sector has over 3,500 employees and 13 state-of-the-art print plants.
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, the Material Handler will be responsible for the seamless processing of outgoing / incoming shipments, perform any and all tasks deemed necessary including but not limited to operating a variety of hand and power tools, equipment and machinery. The incumbent must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
What you will do
- Upon receipt of product, will unload, count, assign storage locations to and put away customer owned inventory.
- Ensures that the documents received with the product are accurate. If not, brings it to the attention of Inventory Control Supervisor for resolution.
- Will receive Bill of Materials from Inventory Management group and will pick all inventory necessary for each project.
- Delivers goods for specific projects to distribution for packaging.
- Pro-actively works with inventory Team at Artisan to correlate incoming product shipments with upcoming display builds, identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures that copies of all packing slips and paperwork are collected and available to client as requested.
- Upon request from the customer will package inventory and return to customer.
- Will cycle count or request help for cycle counts of inventory.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management.
What you have to offer
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment in print is preferred;
- Must hold a valid Forklift and Reach Truck operation certificate in good standing, where equipment certification is required;
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail;
- Ability to lift heavy objects (max. 50 lbs), walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labour;
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Commitment to quality and safety;
- Able to work well in a team environment;
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Learn more about us
Job Type: Full-time
- forklift operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift License (preferred)
- Reach Truck License (preferred)