Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: IT - Calgary - Alberta
Reports to: CIO, Vice President of Technology
- Design your code for testability using your deep understanding of best practices, patterns and principles of software development
- Apply your knowledge of modern techniques and concepts specific to web and mobile platforms such as RESTful APIs, micro services, responsive design and Single Page Applications
- Apply critical thinking to help provide cost effective solutions within Agile projects
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of development / systems analysis experience
- Domain Driven Design
- Front end frameworks such as React and Angular
- ASP.Net MVC
- RESTful APIs
- Message / Event based Architecture
- SQL Server / Document Databases
- Quickly learns and applies new technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solver
- Goal oriented, highly self-motivated
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank you in advance for your application, however, only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, and Post-offer/Pre-employment Physical Testing where applicable.
About the Company
Over 30 years ago Boardwalk began with a clear Mission, to provide Resident Members with quality rental communities, a vision for the future and a commitment to five core values. These Mission, Vision and Values, coupled with Boardwalk’s Golden Foundation, have helped to create a team of Associates who are committed to building better communities. Whether it is a local Community or a global one, Boardwalk Associates approach it with the same foundation and aim to build and strengthen it.
At Boardwalk, we strive to become your “Employer of Choice”. We are committed to engaging our Associates through mutual respect, trust and honesty as well as following our Golden Foundation which is to “Treat others as you would like to be treated", “Be Good”, “Love Community” and “Have Fun”.
We believe that we are providing our Associates with a workplace that they can call home; a place where coming to work isn’t a chore. We continually look for new and innovative ways to engage our Associates not only in their day-to-day work, but also ways to get involved in the Community and provide opportunities to give back.
Boardwalk is seeking individuals who have a positive attitude, are energetic and as passionate as we are in building communities and serving our Resident Members. You must be self-driven, productive and have the capacity to deliver high-quality results. Working within a team is essential to your success at Boardwalk.
Job Type: Contract