Allan Forrest Sales Ltd. is a manufacturer’s representative in the plumbing and heating industry. We are a dynamic sales agency providing a broad range of products and services to the mechanical industry.
To support our continued growth and success, Allan Forrest Sales is seeking a quotations specialist to join our highly motivated and talented team. The ideal candidate will have very good technical; communication and organizational skills.
You’ll work closely with our team to help achieve our corporate goals and business plansfor the manufacturers we represent.
Objectives and Responsibilities of this Role
- Prepare plumbing and heating quotations for the product lines we represent.
o Analyze drawings and documentation in order to determine the appropriate products.
o Quote product prices;delivery schedules and shipping terms while offering substitute products where appropriate.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the functions, features and benefits of the company’s product offering.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity by understanding projects and working with the wholesale trade in Southern Alberta to enhance our customer’s experience.
- Manage internal pricing and database files
- Provide insight on improving the quality and response time to our customers’ requests
- Meet the demanding quote request time frames as requested
- Help to develop specification offerings for the builder/engineering community that we service
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of plumbing and heating quotations experience
- Plumbing & heating knowledge
- The ability to read blueprints and understand Alberta’s plumbing and heating codes is an asset.
- Familiarity with reading mechanical drawings and engineering documents is an asset
- A multi tasker, who works well under time constraints and demanding timelines
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and procedures that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Well organized; detail oriented; works well in a team or independently, and is self-motivated
- Dependability and reliability
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Great communication skills over phone and email are essential
keywords; estimating representative , quotations agent , estimating specialist , plumbing , heating , mechanical
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)