The Salon/Spa coordinator is the customer service specialist for our salon and spa
environments. They are the first point of contact for our clients and students in the salon/spa.
They are responsible for phone and email bookings, checking in and out clients including all
Under the guidance and leadership of the School Director and the Director of Education the
Salon/Spa coordinator is responsible to:
- Adhere to and motivate students with the concept and values of the mission statement:
o "MC College empowers future professionals for beauty and fashion industries
with skills to change their lives and enjoy rewarding careers."
- Ensure proper use of Salon/Spa Service Bills
o Completed full and accurately
- To handle computerized cash transactions including opening/closing procedures and
maintenance of client records
- Ensure that booking procedures are handled effectively to maximize client services.
o Ensuring that all students are treated equally regarding bookings
o Mentoring of students with up selling and retail sales
- Ensure that client services are completed properly including suggestion of retail
- Working in conjunction with the Administrator to oversee inventory procedures for
salon & spa supplies (retail and dispensary).
- Work with Salon/Spa team to meeting and exceed monthly retail and service targets
- Ensure that marketing tools for the salon and spa are on hand and on display.
o Represent the college in a professional manner to students, staff and clients with
a professional image and positive presentation.
- Attend company events, seminars, meetings and local hair shows.
- Other duties as they may arise.
- The above requirements are for all present and future instructors working at the
- Natural leadership and strong observational, analytical and feedback skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, solution oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure; consistently displaying initiative.
- Interacts with students, co-workers and clients and other outside organizations.
- Flexible work schedule. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, and light lifting.