The Town of Penetanguishene is a picturesque bilingual community with a population of approximately 9000 located on the southerly tip of beautiful Georgian Bay. We are currently seeking a Winter Patrol/Equipment Operator with a valid DZ Driver’s Licence to join our Public Works Department for the 2019 to 2020 winter season.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate a snowplow, sidewalk plow, front-end loader, sander and tandem truck to remove snow and ice from roads and sidewalks
- Repair asphalt and pave surfaces by hot-melt patching, chips and coal or masonry and cement work
- Perform minor maintenance tasks related to vehicles and equipment
- Under the direction of the Roads Supervisor, respond to complaints and requests for service from the public, other departments and Council
- Must hold a valid and unrestricted DZ Driver’s Licence
- Excellent driving skills
- Ability to operate multiple but related pieces of equipment
- First Aid and CPR Certification would be considered an asset
- Chainsaw Licence would be an asset
The pay for this position is $23.63 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. This is a temporary contract position that will run from November 2019 to April 2020.
The employee is required to work evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. The hours of work vary on a rotating schedule, 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m., for four days on and four days off. The successful candidates must be available on an on-call basis. The working environment for this position contains minimal risks or discomforts which require additional safety precautions. Conditions include frequent exposure to extreme temperatures.
Interested individuals are asked to apply by 4:30 p.m. on October 18th, 2019.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $23.63 /hour
- DZ Driver's Licence (Preferred)