McDougall Insurance & Financial
Producer – (Sales Account Executive, Personal and commercial)
- Sells insurance policies to various public and private sector businesses by acting as the initial contact with the client as well as home and auto to individuals.
- Obtains all necessary information from the potential client as required in order to provide for an accurate quotation for coverage and premiums to cover the risk involved;
- Responsible for placing the risk with an appropriate market, obtaining and assisting in the completion of the proper application for insurance; arranging and collecting the premium as per McDougall’s payment terms and forwarding the application to the insurance company to effect or complete the binding of insurance coverage in a timely manner.
- Ensure an abeyance is in place, followed up within a reasonable time to confirm issuance and receipt of the policy, check for accuracy and send to the client;
- Follow up with the client to ensure complete satisfaction and to finalize the sales process;
- Remain in occasional contact both directly and indirectly with the client via other service team members (CSR) to maintain client’s ongoing satisfaction and to provide further products as required in order to build a long term client base and portfolio;
- Responsible for ensuring the timely collection of accounts receivable and any other areas of concern on the portfolio.
- Must have a valid RIBO licence and exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be sales oriented and have a very good knowledge of the risk and insurance products involved.
- An understanding of the various components of personal lines and commercial insurance is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with clients in stressful and contentious situations (e.g. collections, coverage after an incident, etc.)
- Act in a professional manner at all times and maintain a position of trust and confidentiality.
- Acts in an open, respectful, honest and helpful manner with all team members, clients and other staff.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- insurance sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- RIBO (Preferred)