AT MMG everything we do is guided by our values. Do What’s Right with Integrity, Deliver Results, Get Things Done, Continuously Improve, Thought Leadership, and Energized Passion. If any of these values resonate with you, MMG has an opportunity for you!
Our dynamic team has a passion to be the best. We are looking for innovators, leaders, and entrepreneurs at heart. Come join our team today, and be a part of our world class vision!
- Maximize the income to MMG and take responsibility, control and recovery of rent arrears, including MMG debts where early efforts to recover debts have failed for all properties.
- Coach, train, and mentor new and existing Site Managers to ensure consistency in MMG processes.
- Ensure your portfolio of properties is well maintained and managed in accordance with MMG standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for problem properties and ensuring properties are kept in safe and habitable condition.
- Foster good resident relations and implement approved programs in accordance with budget guidelines.
- Practice excellent resident relations through regular resident visits to ensure concerns and complaints are dealt with in a timely, professional manner to ensure long-term tenancies.
- Handle resident concerns and inquiries with a goal of 100% satisfaction.
- Keep properties occupied with qualified residents through advertising, lead follow up, property showings for prospective residents.
- Develop rental agreements, selects qualified tenants, collects deposits and rents, enforces terms of rental agreements, resolves tenant complaints, oversees eviction proceedings if necessary.
- Ensure all maintenance and repairs are conducted in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Issue purchase orders and renovation requests, and coordinate contractors for same.
- Conduct regular site inspections and all move in/out inspections at the property.
- Ensure resident move-ins and move-outs are efficient, timely and that you are ensuring diligence on recoveries.
- Complete and approve security deposit statements and charges upon move out.
- Initiate suite transfer requests and complete inspections.
- Diligently address any pest issues in the properties and work with the pest control team to alleviate them.
- Ensure maintenance and cleaning contracts are in place as required and supervise all maintenance, repairs, contracts and landlord’s work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that buildings are checked daily for cleanliness, in and out, and that they are touched up as required.
- Effectively schedule with the maintenance and renovation teams, month end turnover and suite renovations within the properties, and within a predetermined time frame.
- Prepare clean sheets for contractors, oversee their work and complete final market ready inspections.
- Assist in the preparation of operating budgets and the monitoring of budgets thereafter and execute the property business operations within the approved budget.
- Always working towards the owners’ goals and objectives while at the same time providing exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for the leasing processes, lease administration and renewal processes as well as providing a strong leasing feedback loop.
- Provide key input into the marketing program, responsible for “knowing your market” and completing regular comprehensive market surveys and reports.
- Participate in peer coverage of other property portfolios during vacations and absences.
- Ensure compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act in all procedures.
- Ensure local, provincial, & federal laws and regulations are being observed.
- Ensure comprehension and compliance with all MMG policies.
- Ensures that lease files are complete, and that completion of leases are being executed properly.
- Approves in writing all leases on property
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Property Management, or designate
- Positively embrace the MMG Corporate Values.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- RECA Property Management License
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years property management experience
- Professional communicator who can effectively network with various demographics
- Strong knowledge of local real estate market
- Solid demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Robust recruitment and retention skills
- Well-versed in helping others to achieve their abilities by mentoring, training and coaching
- You are a natural relationship builder and connector.
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You are great in using technology.
- You thrive in a changing environment
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Property Management: 3 years (Preferred)